Figuring out how public benefits such as Medicare and Medicaid work can be tricky. SCLO can help you or your family navigate through the many nuances, and get the benefits you are entitled to.
For those who would like to better understand how these programs work, we have provided some resources below to get you started. Clicking on the links will take you to other websites where you can learn more.
General Benefits Information
- Benefits Checkup — This website from the National Council on Aging offers assistance with finding government benefits programs seniors may be entitled to.
- Overview of Government Benefit Programs — An official government website that offers assistance with finding government benefits programs
- NM Public Benefits and Financial Assistance Program
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Studies — Professional and technical information on Medicaid
- New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department — The New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department is dedicated to promoting the independence and dignity of elders and individuals living with a disability.
- New Mexico Human Services Department — State agency in charge of managing the NM Medicaid program
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) — The official website of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the agency that administers Medicare and Medicaid.
- Medicare Information Updates — General information about Medicare Rights, legislative updates and other news affecting Medicare beneficiaries
- New Mexico Medical Review Association — Medicare quality improvement organization reviews concerns from Medicare patients regarding quality of care, early discharge
- Medicare.gov – The official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- The Center for Medicare Advocacy — The Center for Medicare Advocacy site includes a summary of Medicare issues, appeals, litigation, and a link to order Medicare informational materials