Over the years, SCLO’s individual and systemic advocacy has achieved many advances for seniors in New Mexico:
- Increased procedural protections for allegedly incapacitated adults who are subjected to judicial guardianship and conservatorship proceedings;
- Improved conditions in New Mexico’s long term care facilities;
- Established statutory protections for consumers subjected to predatory lending by payday loan companies;
- Provided much needed services to Medicare beneficiaries designed to keep them independent and in their own homes;
- Created greater access to acute and long term health care services for seniors.