We offer several estate planning services for a reduced fee, including:
- Simple wills
- Transfer on death deeds
- Simple, uncontested probates
If you are 60 or over and reside in Bernalillo county, SCLO may be able to assist you in preparing your estate documents at a reduced fee.
If you are under 60 or reside in other counties than those listed above, we may provide estate planning services to you but at a slighter higher rate.
Please contact us if you would like more information on our reduced fee services or would like to make an appointment with one of our staff attorneys. SCLO has bilingual attorneys available for our Spanish-speaking clients. SCLO does not draft trusts or revoke existing trusts.
Estate Planning Services and Prices
Prices are listed for seniors 60+ who reside in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia and Torrance counties. SCLO also provides powers of attorney for health care and financial decision making as well as cremation forms for no charge to seniors.
Note: Pursuant to Chapter 134 of the 50th Legislature’s 1st Session, the County Clerk’s office in all New Mexico counties will increase its recording fees to a $25 flat fee for each document recorded. If the document being recorded contains more than ten entries to the county recording index, the county shall collect an additional fee of $25. If a document contains fewer than ten entries to the county recording index and is recorded in person in the office of the county clerk by one of the interested persons named on the document, the county clerk shall collect a fee of $10.
It is the practice of the Senior Citizens Law Office to record documents prepared by this office; consequently, the recording fee will be $25.
Prices for Seniors 60+ in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia and Torrance County
• Simple will
- $200 – single person
- $300 – couple
- $25/each for specific will bequests
- $25/each for simple minor’s trust within a will
- $25 for TODD revocation language in a new TODD
• TODD (transfer on death deed)
• Quit Claim deed with estate planning
• Affidavit of Successor in Interest – $200
• Affidavit of Surviving Spouse – $200
Prices for Individuals Under Age 60 / Outside the Four County Area
Prices for individuals under 60 and/or who reside outside the four county area in Sandoval, Torrance, and Valencia county, are listed below. The charges for powers of attorney for health care and financial decision making as well as cremation forms are $25 per document per person.
• Simple will$ 260 – single person $360 – couple $25/each of specific will bequests $25/each for simple minor’s trust within a will $25 for TODD revocation language on a new TODD • TODD (transfer on death deed) $150 each • Quit Claim deed with estate planning
• Probate – $700 retainer and $150/hour
• Health Care Power of Attorney – $25 per person
• Financial Power of Attorney – $25 per person
• Cremation form – $25 per person
• Affidavit of Successor in Interest – $225
• Affidavit of Surviving Spouse – $225
Please contact (505) 265-2300 to schedule an appointment.