There are many resources available to help seniors. In addition to those available through the other sections of our Information Library, we’ve included many links to other organizations below.
Name Change Forms and Instructions for 2nd and 13th Judicial District Courts:
(Please make sure your pop up blocker allows you to open these forms)
NM Aging & Long-Term Services Department
- New Mexico Human Services Department Income Support Division – New Mexico State financial assistance that can help with everything from energy bills to food to general assistance for qualified people.
- Social Security Administration – The official website of the Social Security Administration
- LongTermCare.gov – This site helps people understand and plan for long-term care
Foreclosure Defense Project
- Keep Your Home New Mexico - New Mexico Attorney General’s Office has created this site to assist New Mexican homeowners in foreclosure and in danger of foreclosure.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Offers information to help seniors stay in their home or find a housing setup that meets their needs. Also includes information to help seniors avoid predatory lending and other scams.
- NM Adult Protective Services Division – Recourse for seniors who may be abused, exploited or neglected.
- grandparent visitation brochure – Legal rights of grandparents asking for visitation
- lawhelpnewmexico.org- A guide to legal information and free civil legal services for low-income persons and seniors. Provides information on how to contact programs offering legal assistance in New Mexico.
- American Bar Association: ABA Commission on Law and Aging Resources.
- This page lists the addresses of New Mexico Courts and Government Offices