SCLO conducts community outreach and education activities to help raise awareness among older adults and their caregivers about the wide variety of legal and long-term care issues that impact their lives.
We recognize that there are many seniors throughout central New Mexico who are unable to make it to our offices for a consultation, so we take our services to them instead.
What We Cover
Our community outreach and education activities address concerns about:
- Planning for Long Term Care and Incapacity
- Aging in Place
- Nursing Home Residents’ Rights
- Protecting Yourself Against Senior Fraud & Abuse
- Legal & Financial Planning
Types of Events
The different types of activities that we offer to the public include:
- Community education to residents of Sandoval, Valencia and Torrance counties
- Consultations with seniors at senior centers in Bernalillo County and Rio Rancho
- Legal clinics to walk seniors through preparation of key documents
- Educational workshops to address the topics above
- Presentations to community groups on request
Please see our Event Calendar for specific dates, times, and locations of these rural presentations and clinics.
Schedule An Event
If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for a group of seniors, please call our office at 505-265-2300.
Our community outreach events are made possible thanks to Rural Civil Legal Services (CLS), Center for Civic Values (IOLTA), the State Bar Pro Hac Vice fund, and United Way of New Mexico grants.